The 2012-2013 Blizzard Bag Program
- Each student has been assigned a Blizzard Bag Facilitator.
- Students should contact their Blizzard Bag Facilitator for questions regarding Blizzard Bag Assignments. Email addresses for staff can be found on the Staff Directory Page.
Blizzard Bag “Question of the Day” Instructions
For the “Question of the Day”, you will be typing your response directly into Criterion.
(If you do not have access to the Internet or a computer, please use a blank piece of paper to write your response. Turn this paper into your Blizzard Bag Facilitator on the first day back to school after the Blizzard Bag Day.)
Please complete the following steps:
- Log into Criterion. (https://criterion.ets.org/) If you need assistance with your username and password, please contact your Blizzard Bag Facilitator.
- Select your Blizzard Bag Class.
- Select the “Question of the Day” option that was assigned to you.
(Look at the hard copy paper that was given to you with your copy of the book. If you don’t remember which option to answer, please contact your Blizzard Bag Facilitator.)
- Read the information about text editing and entering your text. Click “continue.”
- Plan your answer thinking about your own experiences, friends’ experiences, your reading, or from viewing television or films. Be sure to plan your answer. You may either click “Make a Plan” in Criterion, or plan on paper. Support your answer with examples.
Remember to save often!
- Click “Submit Essay” for your response and review Criterion’s feedback on grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Make revisions and corrections to improve your answer, and then click “Submit Essay” again.
Online Activities Information
The URL for our online activities was distributed to students when they received their Blizzard Bag Books. We are keeping it private, so that student work is kept secure. If you lost the information, please click here to email Mrs. Bridges (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include the name and grade of the student who needs the URL. Thank you.
Student and Parent Information
The book we are using for our KRMS Blizzard Bag Program this year is called The Revealers. You have received one copy of this book for free. This book is yours to keep so feel free to take notes in the book or underline important passages that will help you respond to the question of the day. There are no extra copies of this book. If you lose your copy of the book, you will have to replace it yourself or find a copy of the book at a public library.