Mr. Geraghty's Blizzard Bag Assignments
* Purpose: This
is your opportunity to extend your learning outside the walls of
Kearsarge. There are five possible "Blizzard Bag Days" for the year.
Assignment: Each day's
Blizzard Bag assignment will be tailored for what we are currently
covering in class.
* Due Date: Blizzard Bag
assignments are due in within the first two days back to school. No late
work will be accepted after two days.
* Grade: Assignments are valued
at 5% of your quarter grade (total; more than one blizzard bag per
quarter will equal no more than 5%). NOTE: Because we use the "total
points" system in grading, we won't know the precise number of
points the assignment will be out of until the end of the quarter. It will, however, come to 5% of the
Hard copies of the assignments will be provided if requested by students.
On Blizzard Bag days students should contact me through email with any questions during the regular school day hours (7:30 - 3:15) and I will respond in a timely manner.
**************************************** BLIZZARD BAG 3/8/2013 *********************************
For today's Blizzard Bag Day your assignment will be to complete a current event as outlined in the assignment description found below.
Click the link to download the current event assignment: Comparative Government Blizzard Bag
AP US History:
For today's Blizzard Bag Day your assignment has two parts:
1. Create your own political cartoon that represents a topic from 1920s America. Your cartoon may represent a specific issue, person, or theme of the time period.
2. Brainstorm a list of 5 possible topics you might consider for your final project in this course. It is the time in the year when we will start this process. Look at the final project resources found on our AP US History page for more details.
PAST BLIZZARD BAG ASSIGNMENTS:
AP US History:
Select and then complete one of the following FRQ prompts. Your response can be typed or hand written and will be assessed using our classes FRQ rubric. Limit yourself to 45 minutes of writing time to complete this FRQ. You will need to keep track of which FRQs you have selected and completed as these prompts will remain as the choices for all Blizzard Bag days for the 2012 - 2013 school year.
1. To what extent was the election of 1800 aptly name the "Revolution of 1800"? Respond with reference to TWP of the following areas:
Economics, Foreign Policy, Judiciary, Politics
2. To what extent and in what ways did the roles of women change in American society between 1790 and 1860?
Respond with reference to TWO of the following areas:
Domestic, Economic, Political, Social
3. Analyze the primary causes of the population shift from a rural to an urban environment in the United States between 1875 and 1925.
4. Analyze the impact of the American Revolution on both slavery and the status of women in the period from 1775 - 1800.
5. Analyze the effectiveness of political compromise in reducing sectional tensions in the period 1820 to 1861.
6. For whom and to what extent was the American West a land of opportunity from 1865 to 1890?
7. How did TWO of the following help shape American national culture in the 1920s?
Advertising, Entertainment, and Mass Production
The CP Sociology Blizzard Bag assignment will consist of posting to the CP Sociology Blog found on Mr. Geraghty's website for the specific Blizzard Bag days that we have throughout the quarter. Make sure that you share your initial post and then also respond to at least two of your classmates' posts.
Last Modified on 3/8/2013 8:36:59 AM