Please note that Tracy Memorial Library will be CLOSED for staff training on:
Tuesday, March 28 and Wednesday, March 29.
We will be open again on Thursday, March 30th
Tracy Memorial Library
304 Main Street New London, NH 03257 (603) 526-4656 email@example.com
The KRHS Music Department is hosting the Freese Brothers Big Band on@ in the KRHS Auditorium.
This concert is free and open to the public.
The Freese Brothers Big Band is an NH based semi-professional big band that performs all around NH.
They play the classics (Basie, Ellington) through the modern (Gordon Goodwin, Buble).
Near the end of the night, the KRHS Jazz Band will be invited on stage to play a couple selections with Freese Brothers.
We are lucky for the group to come to the KRHS area and give a free concert. Please come out to support the KRHS Music Dept and enjoy the concert.
A CELEBRATION OF POETRY MONTH
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
Compose a poem on the theme of “TWO”
· Poets may submit one (1) original unpublished poem inspired by the theme.
· Poems should be typed in a 12-pt, or larger font.
· Poems should be no longer than one, “8.5 inch by 11inch,” page.
· Poets should submit by mail (address below). Send two (2) copies of your poem: one copy including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The second copy should have no identifying information.
· The winning poets will be notified (by telephone or e-mail) by March 25th and will be invited to read their poem at the April 7th event described below.
· Contestants who want to receive a list of contest winners should also submit a stamped, self-addressed envelope with their entries. There is no fee for submission.
· Submissions should be mailed by March 15, 2017 to Dianalee Velie, PO Box 290, Newbury, NH 03255, (603) 938-2734, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Members of the Center For the Arts’ Literary Arts Guild are not eligible for this contest.
· There will be 3 winners in the adult category: First, Second and Third.
· There will be one winner in each of the following categories: High School, Middle School and Elementary School.
· The judge for the contest will be Jennifer Militello
The winning poets will be honored and invited to read their poems in a public celebration of poetry at
The Meeting Room of the Newbury Town Offices, 937 Route 103, Newbury, NH 03255
Friday, April 7, 2017
5 to 7 p.m.
“I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there’s a pair of us—don’t tell!
They’d banish us, you know.”
Please contact us about any activities happening in the community.