A CELEBRATION OF POETRY MONTH
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
Compose a poem on the theme of “TWO”
· Poets may submit one (1) original unpublished poem inspired by the theme.
· Poems should be typed in a 12-pt, or larger font.
· Poems should be no longer than one, “8.5 inch by 11inch,” page.
· Poets should submit by mail (address below). Send two (2) copies of your poem: one copy including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The second copy should have no identifying information.
· The winning poets will be notified (by telephone or e-mail) by March 25th and will be invited to read their poem at the April 7th event described below.
· Contestants who want to receive a list of contest winners should also submit a stamped, self-addressed envelope with their entries. There is no fee for submission.
· Submissions should be mailed by March 15, 2017 to Dianalee Velie, PO Box 290, Newbury, NH 03255, (603) 938-2734, email@example.com.
· Members of the Center For the Arts’ Literary Arts Guild are not eligible for this contest.
· There will be 3 winners in the adult category: First, Second and Third.
· There will be one winner in each of the following categories: High School, Middle School and Elementary School.
· The judge for the contest will be Jennifer Militello
The winning poets will be honored and invited to read their poems in a public celebration of poetry at
The Meeting Room of the Newbury Town Offices, 937 Route 103, Newbury, NH 03255
Friday, April 7, 2017
5 to 7 p.m.
“I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there’s a pair of us—don’t tell!
They’d banish us, you know.”
Community Corner >