N O T I C E
Please review carefully the following announcement from the Superintendent of Schools, the KRSB Transportation Committee, and the Management of STA Student Transportation
After a recent analysis of district bus accident protocols, the Transportation Committee has determined that the following revisions will enhance safety and communication during and after an accident involving school buses in the district. Those changes will take effect after January 3rd, 2017.
1. In the event of an accident involving one of the KRSD buses, and after Police and EMT Personnel have cleared the scene, all students in grades K-12 will be brought to Kearsarge Regional Middle School which will serve as the district accident staging location.
2. Preschool students will be brought to James House Preschool located at SAU 65 campus in New London.
3. Once safely at Kearsarge Middle School, parents who wish to sign out their students may do so with the assistance of KRMS attendance personnel. All other students will be transported from there to their respective schools (at the beginning of the day), or home (at the end of the day).
4. STA Student Transportation staff will continue to provide parents of affected students with timely and pertinent information about the nature of the accident. STA will also make available alternative transportation for all students along the specific bus route.
5. We recommend that parents do not attempt to meet their child(ren) at the scene of an accident. Doing so creates potential concerns for emergency personnel assisting the situation and impacts the safety of all parties, including the children.
6. In case of a reported accident, we ask that parents contact only STA Transportation (603-938-6464), Kearsarge Regional Middle School (603-927-2100), or the SAU 65 Office (603-526-2051) with questions or concerns.
We are confident that the above changes will support the important work of local emergency services as well as streamline communication between parents, the district, and all agencies involved in the rare cases of school bus accidents.
Winfried Feneberg, Superintendent Stacy Fogwill, STA Transportation, Janice Caldwell, STA Transportation
District News >