The Kearsarge Regional School District shall provide a drug free work place by implementing a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees.
In accordance with this policy, the Kearsarge Regional School District will:
- Notify all employees and students, in writing that the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of illicit drugs and alcohol is prohibited in the District's workplace and that any violation is subject to disciplinary action. Notification will be accomplished by distribution of this policy to all employees.
- Provide a drug-free awareness program to inform employees about:
- The dangers of illicit drugs in the workplace;
- The District's policy of maintaining a drug-free workplace;
- Available drug and alcohol counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance and/or
- re-entry programs;
- The penalty/penalties that may be imposed on employees for drug and alcohol violations occurring in the workplace.
- Notify employees that, as a condition of employment in the district, they will agree to and abide by the terms of the policy, and will notify the District of any drug statute conviction resulting from workplace conduct within five days of the conviction.
- Notify employees that the School District may require such employee to satisfactorily participate in drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program approved for such purpose by a federal, state or local health, law enforcement, or other appropriate agency.
- Establish that a violation of this policy will be grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Notify employees that the School District may contact local law enforcement officials for any violation of this policy.
- Make a good faith effort to continue to maintain a drug-free workplace through implementation of all the provisions of this policy.
First Reading: November 29, 1990
Second Reading: N/A
Date Adopted: November 29, 1990
Revision Dates: June 28, 2012
Last Review Date: June 7, 2012