Professional Development in the KRSD is informed by Individual Professional Development Goals (IPDP) as well as building and District goals. Effective PD, provides teachers with the support to foster continuous growth, innovation, and collaboration in their craft. PD in the KRSD is aimed at effective teaching with the strong belief that this is the true path to student achievement.
Professional Development - District Goals/Areas of Focus:
- Learning Cooperatively (promoting Habits of Mind and 21st Century Skills)
- Reading/Writing Throughout the Curriculum (focused on the shift to Informational Reading and Expository and Persuasive Writing)
- Quality Learning Communities (PLCs and CFGs for example)
- Assessment (using formative results to inform teaching practices and creating authentic learning opportunities for students, Response to Intervention, Competency-Based Learning)
- Theories of Learning and Practice (current best practices and brain-based research)
- Technology (blended learning and using technology to engage students)
- Integration Within the Curriculum (interdisciplinary approaches to education)
Professional Development Committee (PDC)
|Jessie Caswell, Joanne Palin||KRES-Bradford|
|Linda Boucher, Donna Beth Murphy||KRMS|
|Shelbie Connor||Simonds School|
|Kim Dean||Sutton Elementary|
|Larry Elliott||Special Education|
|Linda Tuttle||James House|
|Monica Valovic||District Elementary|
PDC Meeting Schedule
All meetings of the Professional Development Committee begin at 3:30 PM. The location of the meetings will be the Professional Learning Center at the SAU offices.
The following links offer useful information to KRSD employees as they seek continuous growth as professionals...
- Coursera - a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free
- edX - edX is a not-for-profit enterprise of its founding partners Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that features learning designed specifically for interactive study via the web. Based on a long history of collaboration and their shared educational missions, the founders are creating a new online-learning experience with online courses that reflect their disciplinary breadth. Along with offering online courses, the institutions will use edX to research how students learn and how technology can transform learning–both on-campus and worldwide
- MyLearningPlan - My Learning Plan Inc. is the leading provider of web-based educator evaluation and professional learning data management solutions used by K-12 school districts throughout the United States and around the world. This software serves as the platform by which KRSD employees track professional learning and evaluation activities.
- NH DoE Single Sign on System - for educator renewal, access to Performance Pathways, and access to the New Hampshire Networks. This software is used to review and renew credentialing information and licensure.
- Safe Schools Online Training - is an online training resource for all employees. It provides comprehensive training to meet mandatory training requirements as well as areas of professional growth and interest. Safe Schools is available for all district staff.